|How did you sneak in here?|
Karla, Karla, Karla. So, the deadline for putting up the Friday Five sneaked (snuck?) up on you. It’s not like you’ve been away on a serious (enough) study leave. And then there’s that blizzard that’s bearing down on you. With all of that, you have still managed to put forth a wonderful Friday Five! And, you have enticed me to play the RevGalBlogPals Friday Five again after far too long. Thank you for some really sneaky, and great, questions. Here goes:
1) What is sneaking up on you, and what have you been thinking about?
What is really sneaking up on me is income tax time. I know today is only February 8, but that denial of “time flies” is what makes it so sneaky. But I’m not thinking about that at all! I’m thinking about Mardi Gras and what part(s) of that I get to go to this weekend. Mardi Gras parade: probably. Crawfish boil: definitely!
2) What will you have for lunch today?
Well, it’s after 2:00 p.m. here, and I still don’t know. I’m seriously considering checking out the Thai place across the street. Sadly, there is no sushi bar on this boat.
3) If you were to get snowed in for two days, and you need to hunker down, what essentials and treats would you store up?
OK, sorry. It’s a balmy, short-sleeved 65 degrees and cloudy here in New Orleans . . . (ahem) . . .
This would be a serious question for me if I still lived in the house I still own in Pennsylvania, because I know the snow is coming. There. Not here. For the Two-Day Snowed-In Hunker Down, treats and essentials are hard to tell apart:
- a pot of Amy’s turkey noodle soup or some chili
- coffee and half & half
- cocoa & mini-marshmallows
- movies, Netflix (if there is electricity) & books and crochet (my new hobby)
- comforters & pillows & all kinds of flannel
- wind-up radio/flashlight
- candles and flameless light sources