|I had a Flintstones lunch box a lot like this one|
Headquarters for me is the northeast of the United States. Here school is getting back in session, the tease of autumn is in the air (or the hope for the tease of autumn is in the air) and church life is gearing up to full throttle.
- September starts with a holiday weekend. Yea, Labor Day!
- September is my birthday month. My birthday sometimes falls on a national holiday, as it does this year. Sweet!
- Back to school clothes and school supplies. Still love ’em.
- The color red. Tinged leaves, school house icons, apples — all in my signature color.
- A mini-New Year-type season of new beginning. A good time to reassess and regroup and start anew.
Bonus: I could most definitely do without the October, November, and/or December holiday “buy me” displays and ads making their initial appearance in my favorite month.