Last week, “the Cat” from Sweet Memes commented on my Friday Five. I enjoyed visiting that blog which plays blog memes and has a nice blog roll of them, too. Here are today’s random questions posed by the W.T.F. Weekly Meme (which stands for Wed., Thurs., Fri., of course!):
1) Veterinarians always say people should not feed their leftover food to their pets, but one of my dogs has eaten people food for his entire 16 years of life and has no health issues. Do you feel it’s okay to feed people food to pets or should you always follow the vet’s instructions?
I haven’t usually fed my cats people food. For a special treat one Thanksgiving, I put a small plate of turkey by her food. She ignored it. That said, the other day, I found her licking clean my dinner plate when my back was turned. Cats!
2) Have you ever become addicted to a game (of any sort)? If so, what was it?
I can easily get addicted to things I enjoy! My son and I played an online game “Final Fantasy” over several months and it definitely captured my attention.
3) This week is World Breastfeeding Week. Should women be able to breastfeed in public places (assuming their [sic] covered up)?
Yes. Yes. Yes. And why should they cover up? The trouble is with the eyes of the beholder, not with the visibility of the most natural and healthy food source for new children.
4) It is National Clown Week. Because of my ex-husband, clowns freak me out. Have clowns ever scared you?
I don’t remember being scared of them, but I’m not a big fan of the clown or the circus, which did scare me on a regular basis.
5) If you became a spy and could pick anyone (living or dead, real or fictional) as your partner, who would it be?
Patrick Jane, “The Mentalist”!
6) Last week my boyfriend told me this, “I get life philosophy from pop culture.” Where do you (or did you) get the majority of your life philosophy?
I am captivated by the Jesus philosophy, even if I’m not always enamored with the so-called Jesus religion and its claimants. That’s a shameless paraphrase of Gandhi: “I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ.” Can you tell I’m stinging a little right now?
7) My local newspaper did a story over the weekend about stories taxi cab drivers hear while driving passengers. It was a “taxi cab confessions” type story. Have you ever had a deep conversation with a cab driver?
8) Cottonelle has introduced a toilet paper cover. (Watch a V commercial here.) Do you think toilet paper should be hidden or is it okay for people to see it “naked” in your bathroom?
9) The Food Network’s show “Meat & Potatoes” is rated “M” for “Meat.” Many movies are rated “PG” for “Parental Guidance.” Some video games are rated “E” for “Everyone.” What is your life rated?
10) What was a quick decision you once made that changed your life?
2 thoughts on “Wednesday Randomness: Breast-feeding, Jesus, etc. Edition”
I am a believer in Christianity, but some so-called Christians are so not real Christians. They try to claim they're religious when they're breaking all sorts of commandments and treat people bad. I hate the hyprocrites
I appreciate very much what you've said here about breastfeeding. Thank you!