|Gluten-free cherry brownie bites|
Today is Celiac Disease Awareness Day. I don’t know for sure if I have celiac disease. The tests that were done were inconclusive and further testing has not been done. What I do know — absolutely — is that certain conditions have cleared up and I feel much better eating gluten free (GF).
- Betty Crocker GF cakes and brownies ~~~ My chocolate birthday cake was delicious, but I had trouble finding wheat-free icing. I kid you not. Semi-sweet chocolate chips melt well onto a warm cake, I discovered. I am looking forward to trying gluten-free Bisquick, too, but I haven’t seen it yet.
- Bob’s Red Mill ~~~ They have an extensive selection of GF ingredients, mixes, and flours. I recommend the GF hot cereal to anyone who is bored with the same old same old.
- Larabars ~~~ Nuts, fruit, and spices made into a delicious to-go bar with two to nine all-natural ingredients. My favorites are the coconut cream pie and the cinnamon roll, but I have liked all of the flavors I’ve tried.
- Gluten-Free Goddess ~~~ Karina won a contest for budget recipes at Whole Foods Market with her Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas. That’s just one of the reasons we call her a goddess.
- Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef ~~~ Her tagline: Food. Stories. Recipes. Love. ‘Nuff said.