RevGalBlogPals Friday Five:
List at least five things (people, places, graces, miracles…) for which you are thankful. You may elaborate as you wish, or keep it simple.
What a great topic! I’ll play …
* My children who are all grown, scattered (NYC, Oregon, and L.A.) and, still today, a bottomless source of inspiration and joy:
* The church I am privileged to serve, for which no picture would be adequate.
* Nature — all kinds, all places — human and otherwise — reminders of God’s beautiful and redemptive presence in unlikely places. So, add travel to this one, too.
* My family of origin — incredible people, all. They show up in my life at all the right times! I’m also thankful for the Edwin Friedman family systems theories that have turned out to be so helpful in ministry and so true.
* Friends — including cyber-friends. You all know who you are. Still, you will never fully know how much I cherish you and all the reasons why.
* Vocation, because meaningful work is more gift and grace than $$$ and luck.
* Rest and Recreation, even though my response to this gift, far too often, is “no thank you.” God help me!
* Mexican food, and other international food. Love to cook it; love to eat it at home or out. Wish I could find more of it here, and some adventuresome people who enjoy eating something different.
* BOOKS — all kinds, all the time!
And this is not all … oh, no, this is not all!
8 thoughts on “Friday Five: Thankfulness”
Welcome to the F5! Excellent post! I’ll be back to visit often.
Yay for books!! I loved reading about you and getting to know you a little bit. That picture of your kids is great, and I was interested to hear where they are living. (Where in Oregon? I lived there for 4 years while my husband went to grad school)
Thanks for coming by my blog, too. I was interested to read that your dd lives in Portland. I love Portland (and Seattle and Bellingham and. . . .) We lived in Corvallis long ago for the four years that my husband took to get his PhD in organic chemistry. And now we’re in TX, where all four of our children have been born.
I love that picture of your kids!
Welcome to F5 and thank you for sharing…
Welcome to the FF! And I love the salamander (uh, newt, lizard, ???) in the picture. Thanks also for posting the Harry Potter quiz. My son loves to do these with me and was just asking for more last night so tonight we can try this one.
Welcome to your first play. I know what you mean about meaningful work. I’m downwordly mobile in search of meaningful work, too. And it was a great move…most days.
Hi Mom!! I love that you live pictures of your kids! We’ll take some more soon in New-yor-ik-o. Love, ME