RevGal Dorcas extends the RevGalBlogPals Friday Five invitation today by asking us to anticipate resurrection: “List five ways that your life is moving toward light, joy, hope — new things: new ideas, new people, new hobbies … and so on.” Thanks, Dorcas, for a glimpse of resurrection as Lent becomes ever more arduous.
|I once was a towel and now look at me!
1. New Food: Curry — I’m looking forward to experimenting with curry recipes. I think I was sort of promised some delicious recipes by a few RevGals on Twitter the other day, that may be wishful thinking talking. Something called “red curry” sounded fascinating. If I get lucky, some curry recipes or links will be left in the comments.
2. New Idea: Blog — I am still working up a new blog inspired by B.E.4.0. Lent has demanded pretty much all of my creative time and energy. I’m hoping the season of Resurrection gives me some time to pursue that further.
3. New People: Hispanic friends — Our Penn Northeast Conference UCC has several things going relating to the Hispanic community that is growing in and around Allentown. It’s a whole new set of people to enjoy!
4. New Activity: Writing Online
— I haven’t written “the book” yet, but I am writing regularly at 750words.com
. It’s been more regurgitation therapy than anything else so far. I’m a total sucker for the rewards and stickers and such that you get by doing the work.
5. New Ministries: Lots! — We have a ton — I mean a ton — of kids and youth in, and orbiting around, our church. I am looking diligently for the needed lay leadership emerging that could give us a real youth group. We have building challenges that could lead us to rethink the way we do Sunday School, or perhaps a new building program may be in the works. And some of the complaints that have been swirling may be answered with technology rather than trying to patch old wineskins like the church newsletter.